- We believe in one God who created the world and everything in it.
- We believe that God is the sovereign ruler of the universe
- We believe that God is loving, and that everyone is invited to experience God’s love and grace
- We believe that Jesus was human; that he lived as a man and died when he was crucified.
- We believe that Jesus is also the divine Son of God.
- We believe that Jesus was raised from the dead and lives today.
- We believe that Jesus is the savior of the world; he is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
- We believe that in Jesus Christ we receive abundant life and forgiveness of sins.
- We believe that Jesus is our Lord and that we are called to pattern our lives after his life and teachings.
About the Holy Spirit
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is God with us.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit comforts us when we are in need and corrects us when we stray from
- We believe that the Holy Spirit awakens us to God’s will and empowers us to live obediently.
About the Trinity
- We describe God in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Sometimes we us other terms such as: Creator, Redeemer, and Sustainer.
About Human Beings
- We believe that God created human beings in God’s image.
- We believe that humans can choose to accept or reject a relationship with God.
- We believe that all humans need to be in relationship with God through Jesus Christ in order to
- experience life in its fullness now, and eternal life in the future.
About The Bible
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Word and that God uses it to speak to us.
- We believe that the Bible is the primary authority for our faith and practice.
- We believe that Christians need to know and study both the Old and New Testaments.
About Professing the Faith
- We believe that we must renounce the spiritual forces of wickedness, reject the evil powers of this world, and repent of our sins.
- We believe that we must confess Jesus Christ as our own personal Savior, put our whole trust in his grace and promise to serve him as our Lord.
- We believe that we must accept the freedom and power given to us by God to resist evil, injustice, and oppression in whatever forms they present themselves.
About The Church
- We believe that the church is the Body of Christ, an extension of Christ’s life and ministry in the world today.
- We believe that the mission of the church is to “Make Disciples of Jesus Christ.”
- We believe that the church is “The Communion of Saints,” made up of all the past, present, and future
- followers of Christ.
- We believe that the church is called to worship God and to support those who participate in the life of
- the church.
- We believe that the church is called to be both a witness to what God’s kingdom will be and a
- participant in helping to bring it to completion.
About the Sacraments
- We believe that baptism is a gift of grace from God.
- We believe that a person receives the sacrament of baptism only once in their life.
- We believe that through baptism we are incorporated by the Holy Spirit into the kingdom of
- We believe that through baptism we are born again through water and the Spirit.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit empowers us to be faithful disciples of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that through baptism we share in Christ’s royal priesthood and are incorporated
- into God’s new creation.
- We baptize people of all ages.
- We baptize by sprinkling, immersion, or pouring.
THE LORD’S SUPPER (Communion or Eucharist)
- Communion is a holy meal of bread and wine [juice] that symbolizes the body and blood of
- The Lord’s Supper recalls the life, death and resurrection of Jesus and celebrates the unity of all
- the members of God’s family.
- Individuals do not need to be members to participate. We practice OPEN COMMUNION,
- welcoming all who love Christ, repent of their sins, and seek to live in peace with one another. o This Holy meal empowers us to go out into mission in the world.
About The Reign and Kingdom of God
- We believe that God’s Kingdom is both personal and social. Individuals reveal the kingdom as their hearts and minds are transformed into Christ-likeness; the world is transformed into God’s Kindgom as God’s vision of restoration and transformation are established.
- We believe that the Kingdom is both a present reality and a future hope.
- We believe that the complete restoration of all creation is still to come.